Latest News
Loading...
Saturday, September 21, 2013

FOX Tuesdays.. hit or miss?

FOX Tuesday Lineup



I've finally got the chance to view FOX's two new shows, dads and Brooklyn Nine-Nine, but unfortunately only one of these shows seems pretty decent. I had to watch dads a few times to try and understand the humor in the show.  Seth Green isn't bad but the show as a whole seems to be lacking something.  In my opinion, I think one item missing is a musical quip to transition between scenes.  It feels too.. quiet.  I understand that this is still a pilot, and limited money is involved, but to captivate an audience and reel them in, it just really didn't do it for me.  With it being too quiet, it doesn't really grab your attention and keep you focused.  If it sticks with this time slot, I don't believe it will do well against CBS's NCIS or ABC's Agents of Shield.  I think it might do better on a Wednesday.



I really do hope that the writing and budget improves.  I'm really curious to see how they can turn it around.



Brooklyn Nine-Nine with Andy Samberg is pretty good.  The pilot introduces many characters and provides a solid foundation for character development as well as hint at some back story.  Detective RightAllTheTime and Detective Terrible Detective deserve to be watched every week.  They have great chemistry and a unique dynamic together that shouldn't be dismissed.  Andy Samberg does a great job portraying a hot shot detective with swagger (Do people still say that?).  This show adds something that FOX has been missing.  It seems like with all of these reality shows, networks forget that we like to laugh and enjoy a good comedy.


You can watch dads and Brooklyn Nine-Nine online at FOX.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2012 test All Right Reserved
Designed by CBTblogger