Latest News
Loading...
Tuesday, May 21, 2013

New Generation of Consoles?!

[OP-ED by DEREK KLINKE]


There was a Sony conference in late February discussing their new system being available this year called the Playstation 4.  On May 21st, 2013 Microsoft had a conference unveiling their new console coming out this year called the XBOXONE.  Here is my reaction to both after seeing what both companies have to offer.  This is my personally opinions so please feel free to agree or disagree with what I said.

I didn’t like either conferences and I don’t like what the consoles are providing overall.
Now, why I didn’t like both conferences and the consoles overall?  Both conferences lacked a display of games and game play.  The PS4 they showed what it was capable of -same with XBOXONE.  In fact, XBOXONE even showed that you can watch live television (which they already provide with their Verizon Fios app if you are a subscriber to Fios).  So nothing new here.
PS4 showed that consumers can live stream from their console, which is cool because consumers won’t need additional hardware to stream from.  The PS4 also showed off that people can watch you actually playing games, which isn’t anything new because the service OnLive has been providing this since launch.

I understand that there was no games discussed in both conferences, and I know that at E3 they will be discussing games.  If they aren’t, then us as gamers should be really worried.  The main reason I didn’t like Sony-Playstation's and Microsoft-XBox's press conferences was because I felt that they didn’t appeal to gamers. They appealed to the stock holder.  I felt it appealed to the people who wouldn’t be playing games.

I mean alright, EA at Microsoft that’s cool. Call of Duty really awesome #blaze420headshot1v1meinirldoyouevenlift.  (By the way the Call of Duty Dog has more followers than me on Twitter.)  DVR shouldn’t be in my gaming console.  Internet Explore shouldn’t be in my gaming console.  I don’t need a sensor (Kinect) to be constantly plugged in if I want to use my games.

WHAT SHOULD BE IN MY GAMING CONSOLE IS GAMES, AND THE ABILITY TO PLAY GAMES OFFLINE, AND THE ABILITY TO PLAY GAMES I RENT FROM GAMEFLY OR BORROW FROM A FRIEND OR BUY SECOND HAND (BIG REASON), AND THE ABILITY TO PLAY PAST GENERATION GAMES (BACKWARDS COMPATABILITY) ON MY NEWER CONSOLES.

Why can’t I do this?  I mean Nintendo at least lets me play Wii games on WiiU.  Why is my PS2 able to play PSX games but my slim PS3 not able to play PS2 games?  Same goes with you XBOX, why can’t I play my old XBOX games perfectly and without error on an XBOX360?  Did developers forget about this key component?  I mean, I didn’t just shell out tons of dollars to be able to play a game for like 2 years and then forget about it and not be able to play it ever because newer systems won’t allow me to play older games.

This is why I didn’t like the recent conferences:
-There is no love for past systems aka Backwards Compatability
-The need of constant internet connection (still rumor, but it still gets me mad)
- Fees to play rented and second hand to play or install the game.
- Also no women shown in both from what I saw.  Just a bunch of dudes in suits, I guess girls really don’t like games, or girls don’t like to run games. (In all reality, I know for a fact girls are in the gaming world and I am not sexist. We should be able to play all our games equally - regardless of sex, orientation, race, religion, etc. I <3 people who play games unless they are under the age of 14 or just blast stupid music over their microphone)

What I did like from both conferences, the PS4 showed that it can do streaming which is great.  Streaming games has been going strong for a while and it’s great to watch local tournaments or lets plays.  I just don’t like how they are using Ustream over Twitch, but hey it still works.
What I liked from the XBOXONE conference was the Call of Duty Dog.  But in all seriousness Steven Spielberg making a Halo Series is kind of dope.  That is pretty much all I liked.

I guess you can summarize these three new consoles, The PS4, XBOXONE, and WiiU in this clip:







This was written on my laptop while I sat on the toilet,  This is how I feel the gaming world is treating me... Like a pile of____.

- Derek Klinke
https://twitter.com/iHateDerek_K


..................................................................................................................................................

 Leave a comment below and tell us what you think of XBOX ONE, the PS4, and the next generation of games.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2012 test All Right Reserved
Designed by CBTblogger