Latest News
Loading...
Friday, August 2, 2013

BBC's Luther

Luther S3

Luther is back!

You know Idris Elba from Thor, from Prometheus, and now from Pacific Rim. HOWEVER, did you know him from before all that? Have you met him yet as DCI John Luther? The beast from BBC's ongoing drama Luther? If not, OOHHHH, how you must correct that.


Idris Elba with his Golden Globe from playing Luther.
He won an AWARD!

Series 3 has recently aired in the UK and it's coming to BBC America on September 3rd!! Wherever you watch your shows, I highly recommend cueing up this one. BBC runs long episodes over a short season. There are only 4 episodes this series; and they do not disappoint. Each series has just gotten better.

WHY watch you ask? What's all the fuss?? Wot's it about? Imma tell you.



S3 Promotional Photo


This show falls under crime drama the same way Dexter does. Yeah, there are crimes and cases floating around the show, but it's really all about the character. It's all about Luther. Dexter breaks the rules because he IS a psychopath. Luther breaks the rules because he's a BAMF who doesn't care what he has to do to get the bad guy and actually protect the real victims. Does he go too far? Does he become evil? Does he stay good? Does he get busted? Is he really a BAMF?

But that's not all!!!

The scenes. The SCENES. They start out pretty chill in the first few episodes of S1, but they do escalate. Whether its a crime scene, or the crime happening, or the suspense of the crime maybe happening, there are some seriously epic moments. In series one, I'll never forget the time I was all "la, la, la" just chillin' and watching one moment, nek minnit, screaming "OH MY GOD!!!!!" and jumping out of my happy place. 

Then there are the bad guys. They've had me gobsmacked, mouth agape, wondering "WHAT IN THE NAME OF HOBGOBLINS is this guy... WHAAAT??!!!!". Like a stunned mullet. Yeah, that's pretty much the only way I can describe it without spoiling it for you. 

This new season, Series 3, also had a very particular scene completely catch me by surprise and scare the living daylights out of me. By now, I know these things do happen yet it still sideswiped me. But I am telling yooou, this particular thing was EVERY FEMALE'S NIGHTMARE. I completely freaked out and side-fist punched my bed from the shock.


Speaking of the females....

How YOU doin'?




Just waaaaiiiit till you get to this guy.


Get your Apple TV's, or set your DVR's for September, or wherever you get your shows from, and start watching Luther. The first half of Series 1 was a tad slow to take off, but it totally picks up in the second half then just soars higher every episode and every series after that. I can do a proper review of this latest season after it has at least aired in America. Because, you know, spoilers!



Free graphic novel for Luther Seasons Two & Three



I double-dog dare you to jump on the Idris Elba and Luther bandwagon. Join me!!!


Together We Can Rule The Galaxy,
Heather
The Incredible Dork
NGU's Resident BBC Nerd

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2012 test All Right Reserved
Designed by CBTblogger